I’d forgotten the wind in Kansas. It was one of those days where you have to lean your body weight into the car door to keep from slamming it on yourself Friday. The time with my family was wonderful – if short. I did a lot in a three days though.
- saw Kent and Amber’s new house and gigantic lawn
- spent a relaxing day lunching and shopping with my Mom and Mother-In-Law
- made disgusting desserts with my nephew from a kids cookbook
- played mad libs (yes they still exist) and star wars action figures
- ate a massive home made roast beef & mashed potato going away dinner
- went to a going away party for my brother Joe
- took a driving tour of our old house & haunts
- helped my brother Kent learn to drive a bit better through constructive criticism
- helped Joe pack and get ready to move
Now I am home and doggie has become fully mobile! I am impressed with Paul’s amazing care of Roe – but alarmed that he’s on the go so much now. I feel that I should sit still so he doesn’t drag his bum leg around behind me. It’s good that Joe is living with us now, he can watch him until he starts working. The final part of Roe’s saga is in editing and should be up shortly. Now, back to work after my incredibly restful weekend.