The Games Night Online game for the month of March is Burnout Paradise. Here’s a few tips:
- You can only open cars in the offline mode by completing challenges and taking out other cars. We’ll start with the bottom tier of cars if we do any racing early on.
- Get comfortable tooling around the city. I’ll probably take everyone on a tour with the early co-op challenges to hit the points of interest.
- If you have a camera hook it up. Every time you get taken out you send a quick pic to your nemesis. There’s also podium pics for the winner of a race.
- Find all the gas stations, paint shops, repair shops, and junkyards. The gas and repair shops are pretty critical to completing the more advanced single player challenges.
- For burnout vets the “stunt” type cars are the ones you’ll be used to. Aggression cars are tank-like and get boost by smashing opponents or traffic. Speed cars are just weird. They’re fragile and you only gain boost by going at top speed. If you stop a boost you lose it all and need to build it back up. Anyway, stick with the stunt cars until you’re comfortable with the city.
Really when you get down to it Burnout is all about driving fast and smashing into things so have fun and I’ll see you on Tuesdays.