Haven’t posted in three weeks. Bad monkey, no cookie for you! Here’s the headlines of my recent involvement with games. I’ll follow up with Home and Family editions later in the week.
- With family, work, and the house I haven’t had much time for games but I’ve made point of getting in a little time here and there to keep me sane.
- Supreme Commander 2 got some new maps and units, and continues to receive excellent free patches to AI and balance tweaks. I love it when the designers are willing to commit to supporting a game. We still play this every week and most weekends.
- My friends continue to work on SotS 2. They’ve got a really nice engine that can show off some detailed ship designs. Here’s a taste:
- Civ V is a great game. No it’s not Civ IV, yes there’s some issues with the AI, but I love, love, love the interface, the changes to combat, and the city-states. 14 hours to finish my first game (tech win before 1960) and I’m going back for more.
- Played through Dead Rising: Case Zero. Well worth my $5. Haven’t had time to pick up the full game, but I most likely will… maybe.
- Also played some 8-bit-ish side scrolling with Scott Pilgrim: The Movie: The Game. Didn’t get to the theater to see the movie, didn’t read the manga, bought and played solely on the information that Paul Robertson was the lead animator. He did this: and this:
- Amy wants to move Holiday Lockdown further back each year. I’m only with that as long as I can pick up Rock Band 3 on 10/26. Not too sure if I’ll get the keytar or the MIDI box and hook up my own keyboard. I hope they re-release the NIN tracks.